To view full job description, education requirements, and licenses for this position visit:
Position for 2019-2020 School Year
The Instructional Superintendent Accountable for improving student achievement for all students through the development of effective and strategic instructional programs and training for site staff to improve teaching and learning resulting in the elimination of the achievement gap, particularly for Special Education and English Learner students; analyze, interpret and monitor performance management data across the district in the areas of academic performance, academic growth, academic completion and retention, social emotional, and culture and climate; lead, supervise, and regularly communicate with the Chief Academic Officer and the Superintendent the educational programs provided at assigned school sites to prepare college and career ready graduates; oversee district improvement efforts including curriculum implementation, staff development, and evaluations, student assessments, community relations and district improvement efforts.
Representing a beautiful spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, Fresno Unified students experience a well-coordinated curriculum that reflects the commitment to helping each student achieve his/her potential and interests. Support for all of our students gives each student the opportunity to be a successful learner.
We are seeking a strong, skillful and strategic certificated administrator to serve as a champion for equity and inclusion as the next Instructional Superintendent, School Leadership/Curriculum. The chosen candidate will be accountable for improving student achievement for all students through the development of effective and strategic instructional programs and training for site staff by:
- Actively participating and engaging in the delivery of educational programs to improve student learning
- Overseeing and adjusting curriculum implementation, staff development, and student assessments
- Collaborating with Special Education, School Leadership and English Learner Services Departments to implement effective and strategic instructional programs and training for site staff to improve learning and teaching in classrooms to eliminate the achievement gap
- Visiting school sites and classrooms on a regular basis to identify best practices and ensure effective academic program implementation to meet the needs of students, families and staff
- Modeling and setting expectations for high levels of student and staff performance
- Providing administrative staff development for principals and the school site administrative teams to develop, implement, resolve, and sustain a highly coordinated and aligned system to maximize the delivery of instruction
Potential candidates must be a proven leader who has had success transforming schools, and have multiple levels of experiences to support our leaders.